The policy for determining equivalency or transfer credit between educational institutions in Texas has been set by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). Using a Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS), a uniform set of course designations for lower-division academic courses have been cooperatively agreed upon by higher education institutions in Texas. The use of the TCCNS determines course equivalencies and promotes consistency in the evaluation process.

 Parker University does not guarantee acceptance of credits from any other institution. It may be necessary for students to forfeit previously earned credit in the transfer process since university philosophies, objectives, and programs may vary and change from year to year. For students transferring to Parker University, the Registrar’s Office will evaluate all post-secondary transcripts for applicable transfer credit toward the applicant’s degree program. A temporary evaluation from unofficial transcripts may be performed; however, only courses listed on official transcripts receive permanent transfer credit. Official transcripts must be received within a student's first term of enrollment, or no transfer credits will be officially granted. It is the student’s responsibility to request that official transcripts be sent from all prior post-secondary institutions to the Office of Admissions at Parker University. Failure to provide official transcripts in the first term of enrollment will prevent a student from being registered for subsequent terms. Students have the option to fill out a transcript authorization/release form available in the Registrar’s Office to allow Parker to attempt to request transcripts on a student’s behalf.

 Official transfer credit becomes part of a student’s record at Parker University, therefore, is included on institutional transcripts. Only applicable credit toward a student’s degree program will be accepted as transfer credit. All transferable credit is converted to semester credit hours, regardless of the originating institution’s calendar system. Transfer credit may be applied to a student’s record by the following means:

  • One to One course equivalency: Transfer credit awarded on a one-to-one course equivalency basis will be awarded the equivalent semester credit hour(s), and the final letter grade earned at the originating institution will be utilized. The credit is calculated in a student’s quantitative (completion rate) and qualitative (cGPA) satisfactory academic progress.

  • Combined credit equivalency: Transfer credit awarded by combining one or more courses from another institution to meet a single course requirement at Parker will be awarded credit hours based on Parker’s course requirement. Combined credit will be transferred with a grade code of ‘TC’ for general transfer credit. These credits will be calculated in a student’s quantitative (completion rate) satisfactory academic progress but will not be calculated in the qualitative (cGPA) measurement.

  • Block Credit: A block of credit transferred to Parker University, such as in the instance of articulation agreements or ‘’teach out” programs, will be awarded in semester credit hours and assigned a grade code of ‘TC’ for general transfer credit. These credits will be calculated in a student’s quantitative (completion rate) satisfactory academic progress but will not be calculated in the qualitative (cGPA) measurement.

Articulation Agreements

Parker University recognizes transfer credit from institutions that have approved articulation agreements with the university.

 Veteran Evaluation of Prior Training

A Veterans Affairs benefit recipient is responsible for reporting all previous education and training to Parker University. The university evaluates the information and grants appropriate credit, proportionally reducing training time and tuition. The veteran student and the Veterans Administration are notified.

 Transfer of Parker Credit to Other Institutions

Students interested in continuing their education at an institution other than Parker University should first inquire at the institution they plan to attend to determine the credits and requirements needed for entrance to that institution. Transferability of credits is at the discretion of the receiving institution. Parker University cannot assure transfer of credit.

 Transient Students

Undergraduate students attending another university, who are in good standing, may take up to eight hours as a transient student to transfer back to the primary university. Students must provide a letter of good standing from the primary institution, a current official transcript from the primary university, complete an application for admission to Parker University, pay all appropriate fees, and receive approval from the appropriate Dean or Vice Provost.