Skip to Main Content
Navigated to Financial Aid.

Financial Aid

Financial aid is available to those who qualify. The Office of Financial Aid provides various types of scholarships, grants, work-study employment, and student loans from federal, state, institutional and private sources to assist students in paying for their education expenses. This section describes some general financial aid information that applies to all students, including students enrolled in graduate, undergraduate and certification programs.

A student and/or parent (if applicable), must apply for a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. This can be obtained at Once an FSA ID is obtained, aid applicants must complete a Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Aid Applicants that wish to apply for a Federal Direct student loan, must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Loan Entrance Counseling.

Based on the results of the FAFSA, the Office of Financial Aid reviews total cost of attendance that includes, but is not limited to, tuition and fees, books, course materials, supplies and equipment, housing and food, personal expenses and allowable transportation expenses against an applicant’s expected family contribution (EFC) to determine financial need.

Parker University offers the following Federal, State, and institutional financial aid programs to students who qualify:

  • Federal and State Grants

  • Federal Direct Student Loans

  • Federal Work-Study Programs

  • Scholarships

  • Veteran Affairs Benefits

Student Eligibility Requirements

Federal financial aid is not available to international students unless they are eligible non-citizens. Eligible non-citizens must provide current documentation of immigration status prior to applying for financial aid. An applicant for admission who indicates on their application that financial assistance is needed for education is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to enrollment. To be eligible to receive most need-based aid, students must meet the following requirements: 

  • Show financial need 

  • Enroll in an eligible program 

  • Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen 

  • Have a valid social security number

  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress

  • Comply with requirements of the Anti-Drug Abuse Act

  • Not be in default on a Federal Perkins Loan (or National Direct Student Loan), Federal Stafford Loan or Federal PLUS Loan 

  • Not owe a refund on a Federal Pell Grant or Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) 

  • Agree to use any Federal student aid received solely for educational purposes 

  • Be enrolled at least half-time (for most aid programs)